Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Tips For Post Pregnancy Weight Loss - Lose Weight Safely!

During our pregnancy we were eating a little more because our body demanded it. Now all of a sudden the baby is here, and our body does not demand the extra food (unless you are nursing) but our body is use to getting more food! Even though the first two months of our pregnancy are hardest because of all the life adjustments including not sleeping the first few days after the initial excitement, but than sleepless few first months until we get used to the little one's schedule. On the other hand weight wise, those are the best two months! You lose weight in your sleep! But after those two months struggle begins. How to lose that post pregnancy weight, so here are the few tips!
One very important tip is not to go on a starving diet! A lot of moms feel desperate to lose that extra weight, but starving is not going to help you and here is why. I did it, I lost the weight initially but I gained it even faster back because I confused my metabolism. I did not know this, and most people do not either, but when you lower your food intake, your metabolism adjusts to burn less calories. The problem happens when you go back to eating regularly because your metabolism takes time to adjust back and that is why most people who go on a starving diet gain the weight back.
One simple tip to lose post pregnancy weight is to actually replace your snacking with healthy food such as fruit and vegetables. This will fill up your stomach a little, and in addition you can drink more water. Fruits and vegetables will speed up your metabolism a little more plus it is healthy. Avoid snacks that have sugar in them, even if they do say only 100 calories.
In addition, you can exercise lightly. Finding the time to exercise is hard, but possible. I am a mother of two and whenever weather permits we go for a fast walk. My older boy, he rides his bike, while my daughter is in the stroller. If the weather is bad, I turn up the music and go crazy with them. They love it and I do burn few calories.

Source: EzineArticles.com

No comments:

Post a Comment